Light tracking bluebot project

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Sana_aln

Light tracking bluebot project

Post by Sana_aln »

Hello everyone. I am just starting to build the light tracking bluebot project(not the bristle not) and I need to gather all the materials required. It would be really helpful if someone would tell me the specifications of everything used i-e which type of MOSFET, or potentiometer, or diodes etc are used. My project us due and I really need help. I'll be very thankful if anyone could help me out.
Thank you!
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Light tracking bluebot project

Post by MadelineB »

Hello Sana_aln and welcome to Science Buddies,

Are you doing this project? It sounds like a really fun project!

If so, there is a link to the kit that includes the supplies needed. If you have questions about supplies that are not covered, please let us know!

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... wing-robot
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -

Post by AmyCowen »

Hi - As MadelineB noted, the BlueBot project is designed to work with a kit sold by Home Science Tools. The kit comes with what you need for the chassis (the body of the BlueBot) and wheels as well as all of the other parts needed to explore light-tracking behavior in this project.

Amy
Science Buddies
Sana_aln

Post by Sana_aln »

Hello and thank you for the quick reply. But what I meant to ask was that because due to some issues I can't order the whole kit from home science tools or anywhere. I have to buy everything separately. So it'd be really helpful if you could tell me what kind of mosfet i-e the exact number of it or what kind of potentiometer i-e 10k ohm, 20k ohm,or what kind of diodes or photresisters etc are used as I've seen the project doesn't work with just any kind. I'll be eagerly waiting for a reply. Any kind of help would be really appreciated.
Thank you!
AmyCowen
Site Admin

Post by AmyCowen »

Hi - These projects are written specifically for use with the kit (which helps make sure that the right components are used). It looks like the kit is currently out of stock. If you email us at scibuddy@sciencebuddies.org, we will see if we can help with some additional information about the parts needed for the circuit in the project.

Amy
Science Buddies
AmyCowen
Site Admin

Post by AmyCowen »

I have followed up separately by email.
Good luck with your project!

Amy