does rubisco come in powder form?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

sirchurro

does rubisco come in powder form?

Post by sirchurro »

hello! i am doing a research project on rubisco, and i do not know how i am going to source it at all. powder form would be ideal, but i know that might not be an option. i am extremely desperate at this point, so any help would be amazing. thank you so much!
chloemkohl
Student Expert

Re: does rubisco come in powder form?

Post by chloemkohl »

Hi! After some quick research, it appears as though rubisco can be extracted in powder form. There are some methods for this extraction, although they seem to be above the middle-school level of expertise. Different laboratory supply stores such as MyBioSource may have rubisco available for purchase, although they are extremely costly. If possible, you may want to substitute rubisco for a substance that is easier to find. Hopefully this is helpful, it sounds like you have a very unique experiment!
Wishing you the best of luck,
Chloe

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”