Earthquakes

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

LFleck18

Earthquakes

Post by LFleck18 »

Hi, so i need help on how to do final report paper. I did the science buddies project: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... pe-of-soil and i didnt learn how to write one.

\

, thanks :D
chloemkohl
Student Expert

Re: Earthquakes

Post by chloemkohl »

Hi!

I would love to help you with your report, but I just need a little bit more information. What is the format of your paper? From my experience with writing lab reports, I've had to include the purpose of the experiment, my hypothesis, a list of the materials, a written procedure, my data, an analysis of the results, and a conclusion. Assuming your report follows a similar format, the objectives (purpose), materials, and procedure are available on the experiment page, and you can put that information into your own words. If stuck when writing a hypothesis, you can usually follow the "if... then.." format, where you state your prediction of the results. There is also a data table template available for you to record your results along with analysis questions. Usually a conclusion consists of what you learned from the experiment and any possible sources of error, such as reading a measurement incorrectly amongst other limitations.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions, but if not feel free to reach out again!
Good luck with your report,
Chloe
LFleck18

Re: Earthquakes

Post by LFleck18 »

Sorry for the late reply, but im staring to get it more. I still have to do the experiment, ill let you know how it goes! :D

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”