Question about Build a Paper Roller Coaster activity

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

ingalynn5

Question about Build a Paper Roller Coaster activity

Post by ingalynn5 »

I previously did this project and it was great, but I was wondering if it would be better to use copy paper, construction paper or card stock. What is tried and true?

-------------------------------------
Leave this to help the Experts:
The activity can be viewed at: Build a Paper Roller Coaster
bth80
Student Expert

Re: Question about Build a Paper Roller Coaster activity

Post by bth80 »

I can't say that I have done this before, but it appears the video and tutorial uses construction paper so I'm sure that would work. It seems like it would also be a good medium of being strong enough and still being easy to work with.
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by bfinio »

Hi - the roller coaster in our video and pictures is built with brightly colored cardstock, not construction paper. Construction paper isn't as sturdy and won't fit in a regular printer for you to print the templates. We will also have a kit with pre-printed templates and marbles available from our partner Home Science Tools, I believe within the next few weeks: https://www.homesciencetools.com/. If that isn't soon enough for you then I recommend purchasing cardstock.

Thanks,

Ben
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by bfinio »

Hi - the roller coaster in our video and pictures is built with brightly colored cardstock, not construction paper. Construction paper isn't as sturdy and won't fit in a regular printer for you to print the templates. We will also have a kit with pre-printed templates and marbles available from our partner Home Science Tools, I believe within the next few weeks: https://www.homesciencetools.com/. If that isn't soon enough for you then I recommend purchasing cardstock.

Thanks,

Ben

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”