VIDEO GAMES SCEINCE FAIR

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).
dballentine7

VIDEO GAMES SCEINCE FAIR

Post by dballentine7 »

I LIKE THE VIDEO THEME FOR MY SCEINCE PROJECT WHAT HELP COULD YOU GIVE ME IF I TESTED WHOARE BETTER ON VIDEO GAMES BOYS OR GIRL,ARE SHOULD I TEST THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EACH ONES HATE RATE WHEN THEY ARE PLAYING DIFFERENT VIDEO GAMES
DENISE
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: VIDEO GAMES SCEINCE FAIR

Post by davidkallman »

Hi Denise,

Two items:

1. I was unable to locate the project you're proposing. Could you please provide more details on how to find it? Thanks.

2. It may be difficult to provide a large enough population to answer gender differences with a sufficient statistical significance.
Cheers!

Dave
raytrent
Former Expert

Post by raytrent »

I'm not sure what you would be trying to discover by measuring the heart rates of the players, but that does sound interesting.

I think the biggest problem with doing an experiment like this is controlling for the (presumed) fact that boys typically play many more video games and for much longer than girls, and therefore might just be more practiced at them in general. Even if you have them play a game that none of them have seen before, practice at one game probably carries over to others.

A really interesting experiment, and a way to control for this variable, would be to find both boys and girls who have never (or only rarely) played *any* video games (good luck :-) and see how much they improve with a certain number of hours of playing. I've heard of a study like that and it had really interesting results.
../ray\..

Return to “Math & Computer Science Sponsored by Hyperion Solutions Corp”