need awnser and fast!!!

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Moxier

need awnser and fast!!!

Post by Moxier »

please tell me if you have ever conducted an experiment on water purity

please tell me ur results and your conclusion please!!!!!!!!!!
staryl13
Former Expert
Project Question: Neuroregeneration
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by staryl13 »

Hi!
I've never conducted an experiment on this before, but hopefully these links will help you out-
http://geology.com/articles/bottled-water.shtml
http://archive.tri-cityherald.com/HOME/HOME/home22.html
Good luck with your project!
"There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere." -Isaac Asimov
kathleenkimball4
Former Expert

Post by kathleenkimball4 »

I've done some experiments in class about water purity...but are you doing it in regards to creek water? If you are, you should pay attention to things like nitrogen, phosphorus, pH, turbidity, overall sensory data (smell, sight, surroundings, stregth/speed of flow, etc.), dissolved oxygen, etc.
Conclusions/results depend on what you're testing and when you're testing it.
Quick searches on Google will help you with these things. I'm not sure if these aspects of the creek also apply to whatever you're testing, but it could help.
Good luck!
-Kathleen-
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A

Post by tdaly »

Moxier,

Your results and conclusions need to be based on YOUR experiments. If you take someone elses results and conclusions and use them instead of doing your own work, you are stealing information. This kind of cheating/stealing is called plagarism and is quite serious. Please use YOUR results and YOUR conclusions. Asking to use someone elses isn't honest.
All the best,
Terik
MariahG
Former Expert

Re: need awnser and fast!!!

Post by MariahG »

Hi,
Well, what do you need this for? If its for a paper, then you can go on googlescholar, or any libary if youre interested in some real scientific results, but if its for a personal project, I'm afraid we cant help you with that. As the last reply said, you have to do the experiment yourself in order to get your own personal results. It may seem intimidating at first, but I can promise you it will be fun and you will learn so much.
Hope it all works out!!!
~Mariah :)
Hi! My name is Mariah and I'm here to help ^_^
Imagine28
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a

Re: need awnser and fast!!!

Post by Imagine28 »

Moxier wrote:please tell me if you have ever conducted an experiment on water purity

please tell me ur results and your conclusion please!!!!!!!!!!
Hello, Maybe you can test water from different areas where you live. For example a creek, bottle water brands, or even the tap water at home for example. I use to test water purity at my job, in a Microbiology lab. There are great water purity kits that are easy to use . The most important thing to remember with any purity test is to make sure you keep everything clean and sterile when you are testing so you do not contaminate anything(wearing gloves, use unopened pipettes) ask your Science teacher about precautions you should take. Do not get discouraged you have a good idea. i hope this helps you get started

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”