balloon animals

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

soccergirl387
Project Question: none
Project Due Date: none
Project Status: Not applicable

balloon animals

Post by soccergirl387 »

Does the art of making balloon animals have a science and/or physics?
Gizzmo46
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: balloon animals

Post by Gizzmo46 »

Soccergirl,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "do balloon animals have a science and/or physics." Science is a study of how things work around us. So yes there is a science to balloons. In fact balloons can be very interesting as they are a made of a special material that can be stretched and pulled a lot without breaking. I think you might want to ask more specifically "how balloons are made and how balloons work?" I should mention that some of the physics behind balloons can get complicated. A simple introduction to the science of balloons can be found at http://www.balloonhq.com/. Read about the science and see if it interests you.

Don't forget that when you perform an experiment you will need to consider several things: (1) what will you measure, (2) what variable will you change, (3) how will you keep everything else constant, (4) and what do you expect to happen based on the science which you have studied. This is a very exciting thing to do and I can't wait to hear about your new "twist" on balloon science!

Heidi

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”