measurment with life science.

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

measurment with life science.

Postby sarahjanie13 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Okay, well my class is doing a life science fair. And well i kinda want to do a really cool one that will stnd out to the rest. We have to make a hypotheise, and so on. I have to do an experiment with measurment, but it has to be based on life science. I want to do it on animals, but i don't know what to do. I have no ideas and its due on March 4th. so any ideas :idea: would be wonderful. I am no asking to get all the answers. I just want ideas. thanks. :D
sarahjanie13

Project Question: science fair project. to do an experiment with measurment
Project Due Date: March 4th
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: measurment with life science.

Postby jmehta14 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi,
I have found a site with a wide variety of science projects . One is Science Fair Project Ideas on Science Buddies and the other is Life science projects with animals. If you log on to these sites , you will have a wide variety of topics to choose frfrom. I hope this is helpful.

Jay
jmehta14
Expert

Project Question: Do probiotics with antibiotics have a greater affect on different types of bacteria?
Project Due Date: March 1st
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Postby heatherL » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:37 am

Hi sarahjanie13,

Welcome to Science Buddies! If you want help coming up with a project idea, you have certainly come to the right place!

Jay has already given you some good advice. I just wanted to provide the link to the Science Buddies Topic Selection Wizard: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... gister.php. This takes into account things like your project due date and areas of interest, to suggest possible projects you can do. You can also browse the life science ideas on the Project Ideas page (http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... deas.shtml) if you already have an idea of what topics are more interesting to you.

I hope this helps. Please post again (in this same thread) if you have more questions!

Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Postby sarahjanie13 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Thanks!!! okay so i found one on this site. Its the one called Dog Smarts: What's Going On Behind Those Puppy-Dog Eyes?
How would you measure and record the canine's I.Q??? Like what measuring tool would you use???
sarahjanie13

Project Question: science fair project. to do an experiment with measurment
Project Due Date: March 4th
Project Status: I am just starting

Postby heatherL » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi sarahjanie13,

The full procedure is listed here: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... #procedure

This explains what tests to use, how to score them, and how to come up with an overall "IQ" score for each dog.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A

Postby cjb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi there,

I believe you'll need a notebook to keep track of your observations and a data table to show what is being measured. You could also use a camera to show photos of your experiment, and/or a video camera to tape your experiment, if only to show your friends and family how the experiment went. More information can be found in the procedure section of the project you're conducting.

If you have any more questions, please let us know!
cjb
Expert

Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a

Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences