Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
I am doing the efficient propeller design for my science fair project, and I need some help. What Scientific Principle, Law or Theory am I investigating? I would like to know sometime in the very near future[/u], because it it due tomorrow...
Any help would be appreciated!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:12 pm
- Occupation: Student: 8th grade
- Project Question: My main Scientific Principle being investigated
- Project Due Date: 10-14-2013
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
Thank you for your question. Propellers, either for planes or boats, work on the principles of aerodynamics. Particularly, Bernoulli's principle, is leveraged to create a difference in pressure. In a wing, this pressure difference is called "lift" in a propeller it is called "thrust" but the principle is the same.
Hope this helps.
Science Buddies science fair guide:
Science Buddies project ideas:
- Posts: 261
- Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:26 pm
- Occupation: US Air Force Space & Missile Operations
- Project Question: "To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty and leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of anything." - Sir Isaac Newton
- Project Due Date: N/A
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests