Question, High Importance!

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Question, High Importance!

Postby ConG36C » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:32 pm

I am doing the efficient propeller design for my science fair project, and I need some help. What Scientific Principle, Law or Theory am I investigating? I would like to know sometime in the very near future[/u], because it it due tomorrow...
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
ConG36C
ConG36C

Project Question: My main Scientific Principle being investigated
Project Due Date: 10-14-2013
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: Question, High Importance!

Postby theborg » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:58 am

ConG36C,

Thank you for your question. Propellers, either for planes or boats, work on the principles of aerodynamics. Particularly, Bernoulli's principle, is leveraged to create a difference in pressure. In a wing, this pressure difference is called "lift" in a propeller it is called "thrust" but the principle is the same.
I hope this helps.

theborg
----------
"As the circle of light increases, so does the circumference of darkness around it."
~ Albert Einstein
theborg

Project Question: "To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty and leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of anything." - Sir Isaac Newton
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 6-8: Physical Science