Memorization

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Memorization

Postby asnow_ » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Dear scientist,
If you are a visual learner does your brain store information in a different part of your brain than if you are a auditory learner?
Also, If you are a visual learner do you extract you information from your brain differently than auditory learners? (Does each specific person based on how you remember this extract/take the imformation from your brain in a different way?) Thank you for your time please write soon my projects due tomorrow. :D
asnow_

Project Question: The momoriztion of the brain
Project Due Date: December 18th
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: Memorization

Postby SciB » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Sorry you did not get an answer before your due date, but please next time try to post your question well ahead of the deadline.

Your question was not a simple one to answer. Brain scientists are only just beginning to work out the mechanics of memory and consciousness using FMRI and other instruments. It is a really interesting area and you should try to do a science project on it. We can help you get started if you let us know more about your specific interests.

Best wishes for the holidays,

Sybee
SciB
Expert

Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to participate in the Ask an Expert program.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Memorization

Postby connief » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:15 am

Hello there,

As Sybee mentioned, sorry that you didn't get a reply before your project was due, but if you have a question next time, make sure you post well before the deadline just to ensure that you get a response in time! If you are interested in learning more about visual versus auditory learning, I found an interesting journal article where they looked at how well people recognize things based on visual memory versus auditory memory. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2667065/

Best,
Connie
connief
Expert

Project Question: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
Project Due Date: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences