Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
I've made a Berlese funnel for my science project.I set it up and checked it after 24 hours and it was hard to see any micro-fauna. How long am I supposed to leave my funnel for?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:46 pm
- Occupation: Teacher Grade 4/5
- Project Question: Science fair ideas.
- Project Due Date: Friday 20th September
- Project Status: I am conducting my experiment
I found a lot of good information simply by searching "berlese funnel" online.
According to Carolina, a well-known supplier of scientific equipment, you should leave your funnel for 5-7 days. Take a look at their website for more information: http://www.carolina.com/teacher-resourc ... tr19101.tr
You can also do your own web search for more ideas. I think there is an Instructables video on YouTube as well.
I hope this helps. Please post again (in this same thread) if you have more questions.
- Posts: 885
- Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:59 pm
- Occupation: Professor
- Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
- Project Due Date: N/A
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests