Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
I just wanted to ask if I can use iodine crystals in place of Lugol's iodine solution for the titration. I am doing the project to determine the amount of vitamin c in different fruits and vegetables. Please reply before 16May,2013.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 9:05 am
- Occupation: Student:12th grade
- Project Question: As am in class 12th I need some innovative project ideas that will help my understanding about science.
- Project Due Date: 14-5-2013
- Project Status: I am just starting
Yes, if you have iodine crystals you can prepare your own solution. Pure iodine is not very soluble in water, so it's a little more complicated than just mixing iodine and water. You can find several recipes online.
Please be sure to read precautions in handling iodine crystals and take care.
- Posts: 338
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:48 pm
- Occupation: retired physicist
- Project Question: n/a
- Project Due Date: n/a
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 9-12: Physical Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests