Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent
hi, does anuone know what the independent, dependent and controlled variables are in this experiment?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:44 am
- Occupation: student
- Project Question: I'm almost finished and now im confused. What would be the independent variable in the "sweating the score: can video games be a form of exercise" experiment. at first i was gonna get the results from playing exergames and then play a regular game like Madded and record the resuts and the independent variable would be "the type of game used" but that would be comparing which game is more like exercise instead of answering the question. can exergames be execise. I'm confused.
- Project Due Date: 04/10/14
- Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data
Experts are not available to simply provide information like this about a project. Determining the variables is part of doing the science project. You can get started by reading more about variables here:http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... bles.shtml
Once you have begun identifying what you think the variables are, you can talk with Experts about them. But first you need to spend time trying to sort out what you think the variables are in the project (and why). These variables will also come into play as you write your hypothesis. If you have already written that, look at it and see if it expresses how changing one variable may have an impact on another variable.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 908
- Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:38 pm
- Occupation: Science Buddies
- Project Question: N/A
- Project Due Date: N/A
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades K-5: Math and Computer Science
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest