Carbon footprint reduction plan

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Carbon footprint reduction plan

Postby quintonsansing » Fri May 03, 2013 11:44 am

Hi,for my science project I am conducting research about pollution that leads to acid rain, what "carbon footprint" is , and how to reduce your familys carbon footprint. For one of my task, i have to "interview" or question a scientist on the following-
1.carbon footprint
2.acid rain
3.human combustion process
4. actions needed to reduce human combustion processes.

Any help on answering these would be greatly appreciated.
after my research i have to create a "plan to reduce your famliys carbon footprint".

Thanks,
Quinton Sansing
Last edited by quintonsansing on Mon May 06, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
quintonsansing

Project Question: interview an enviromental scientist on carbon footprint and acid rain
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: Carbon footprint reduction plan

Postby heatherL » Sat May 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Hello Quinton,

You will get a better response from the experts if you phrase your inquiry in the form of questions. What do you want to ask the scientist about carbon footprint, acid rain, and the human combustion process? Are you interested in his or her opinion, or what he or she knows about the topic? The clearer you can be about what you are asking, the better chance you have of getting some good answers.

Keep in mind that some internet research will help you find out more about what a "carbon footprint" is and what causes acid rain. I suggest you start by doing some research on those topics yourself, and then post again (in this same thread!) with some specific questions for your scientist.

Here is the Science Buddies information regarding interviews:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8950

Best,
Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences