Submit a Science Fair Project Idea
Science Buddies encourages science and technical professionals, as well as advanced students, to submit Project Ideas (previously called Starter Kits) for science fair projects in their area of expertise.
For most students, selecting what to work on is one of the most difficult parts of doing a science fair project. At the same time, one of Science Buddies' primary missions is to improve the quality of science fair projects. A mutually beneficial solution is to help students find a project that interests them AND at the same time represents better science than what they might come up with on their own.
Our Topic Selection Wizard first helps students identify an area of science that is inherently interesting to them, then it presents some representative project ideas. Each Project Idea Kit has several objectives:
- Attract the student and capture his or her imagination
- Provide enough background information and guidance to get the student off to a great start
- Suggest variations on the primary idea, so that the student has plenty of room for creativity
How to Submit a Project Idea
- Read the guide below:
Science Buddies Guide for Preparing a Project Idea
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org describing the Project Idea you would like to write. That way, before you spend a lot of time on your submission, we have the opportunity to let you know if the topic is appropriate, whether someone else is working on the same idea, and so forth.
- Use this Microsoft Word template to assist you in preparing your submission:
Science Buddies Template for Preparing a Project Idea
- Email questions and finished Project Ideas (as Microsoft Word files) to: email@example.com
NOTE: We're glad to help out with the formatting, and of course we'll create the HTML that will allow your Project Idea to appear on the Web.
Here are some examples of Science Fair Project Ideas: