Fixation/Preparation of Plant Tissues for Microscope Observation
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:31 pm
Hello!
I am stuck on a step for my current science project, where I will need to observe the microscopic properties of tomato tissues after exposing them to allelopathic VOCs. Does anyone know/have any advice on if there is a standard procedure for fixation, dehydration, and preparation of tomato tissues, specifically from the leaves, stem and roots? I am hoping to embed them in paraffin wax and use a microtome.
I would really appreciate any help! Thanks!
I am stuck on a step for my current science project, where I will need to observe the microscopic properties of tomato tissues after exposing them to allelopathic VOCs. Does anyone know/have any advice on if there is a standard procedure for fixation, dehydration, and preparation of tomato tissues, specifically from the leaves, stem and roots? I am hoping to embed them in paraffin wax and use a microtome.
I would really appreciate any help! Thanks!