Fixation/Preparation of Plant Tissues for Microscope Observation

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Post Reply
MaeveW_scienceisawesome_
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:19 pm
Occupation: Student

Fixation/Preparation of Plant Tissues for Microscope Observation

Post by MaeveW_scienceisawesome_ »

Hello!
I am stuck on a step for my current science project, where I will need to observe the microscopic properties of tomato tissues after exposing them to allelopathic VOCs. Does anyone know/have any advice on if there is a standard procedure for fixation, dehydration, and preparation of tomato tissues, specifically from the leaves, stem and roots? I am hoping to embed them in paraffin wax and use a microtome.

I would really appreciate any help! Thanks!
Post Reply

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”