Bio-Rad Supports Students with a Passion for Science
Bio-Rad, a manufacturer and distributor of products for life science research and clinical diagnostics, recently announced winners of its scholarship competition. Celebrating students with a passion for science and plans to pursue higher education in science with an eye to science-related careers, the essay-based competition was open to graduating students local to the Bio-Rad headquarters in Hercules, CA.
Science Buddies was on hand as the awards were presented and met with some of the winners. Winning essays from the following scholarship recipients are posted on the Science Buddies website:
- Lauren Croda, De Anza High School in El Sobrante, CA Plans to study pediatrics
- Sanjit Rai, John Swett High School in Rodeo, CA
Plans to study biomedical engineering at UC Davis
- Kiana Ward, El Cerrito High School in El Cerrito, CA
Plans to study international relations and the sciences at Brown University
Winners of the Bio-Rad competition each received either a $2,500 or a $1,000 scholarship to help further their studies.
View a full list of scholarship winners.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- New Science Standards Emphasize the Engineering Design Process
- Excitement About Iron Man Fuels Student Science Inquiry
- Community Support for Science
- Frankenstorm Science: Hurricane Sandy
- Student Shares Story of Garage-based Lab and Wins Bio-Rad Scholarship
- Intel ISEF Winners Named
- Celebrating Student Science
- Science Buddies Volunteer Wins Intel Science Talent Search
Explore Our Science Videos
Toy Sailboat with Keel
4 Easy Robot Science Projects for Kids
DIY Toy Sailboat