Halloween STEM Ideas
From candy coatings to fake blood, wearable LEDs, simple robots, and things that glow in the dark, we have suggestions for Halloween-themed STEM to explore with students!
With its emphasis on the ghostly, the ghoulish, the gruesome, the spooky, and the sweet (to eat), Halloween brings an assortment of exciting themes to October. Science Buddies has projects and activities that tie in with Halloween and can make for great classroom, home, or independent science, technology, engineering, and math projects and activities. With a bit of trick-or-treat-inspired thinking, teachers can plan fun Halloween-themed activities for science class!
Bookmark or pin one of our Halloween posts or projects for extra hands-on learning fun with students this Halloween!
Free K-12 Halloween-themed STEM projects, activities, and ideas
- Electronics and Play Dough
- Candy Color Chromatography
- Explore Glow-in-the-Dark Water!
- The Physics of Fake Blood
- Candy Corn Geodesic Dome
- Building a Halloween Brushbot
- Halloween Robots
- Pumpkin Power Project
- Science Projects that Double as Halloween Costumes
- Spooktacular Halloween Science
- Wire Some Trick-or-Treat or Light-up Fun with Scratch and Raspberry Pi
- Halloween Science Connections
- Slime, Catapults, and Halloween Science
Share your story!
What's your best Halloween STEM idea? We would love to hear how you tie Halloween in with your science class. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your story!
Pin this collection:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
Explore Our Science Videos
Make A Tissue Paper Parachute - STEM Activity
Make Your Own Lava Lamp
10 Robotics Projects Kids Can Really Make!