Terms and Conditions of Fair Use
Science Buddies is pleased to make available free online resources for use by students, teachers, and parents. In order to protect our rights to the materials that we have created, we ask that you adhere to our guidelines on fair use of our content. Your use of the Science Buddies site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions of use.
- The Science Buddies website is freely available for the following uses:
- Classroom materials - materials printed specifically for use in a classroom
- Teaching materials - teaching materials for use in a classroom
- Non-Commercial Training (These include presentations for workshops provided there is no financial gain from use of the materials and that the materials are being used for educational/training purposes. For example, teachers training other teachers at a conference.)
- Printable versions of pages on the Science Buddies website may be printed but pages may not be altered or modified in any way. No more than 20 pages and a maximum of 200 copies per page may be printed by a teacher or individual within a 12 month time period. If you would like to create more than 200 copies per page then you will need to contact Science Buddies at firstname.lastname@example.org for special permission. Copies may not be altered or modified in any way.
- Any commercial use of materials from the Science Buddies site (with the exception of training as described above) is NOT permitted without contacting Science Buddies IN ADVANCE for licensing rights.
Commercial use is defined as any venture where:
- use of Science Buddies materials would generate profit
- a fee is charged for use of Science Buddies materials or course work related to Science Buddies materials
- Graphics and images from the Science Buddies site may not be printed, copied, or downloaded separate from the documents that contain them.
- Copying, framing, or any other method of duplicating content from the Science Buddies website for use on another website is NOT PERMITTED.
- Linking to Science Buddies content from your website is allowed without prior permission.
For any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions of Fair use, please email us at email@example.com.
Ask an Expert
By accessing Science Buddies Ask an Expert you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms, then please do not access and/or use Science Buddies Ask an Expert. These terms may change at any time. Your continued usage of Science Buddies Ask an Expert after changes means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
If you use the Science Buddies Ask an Expert forums, you agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, discriminatory, or marketing material, or any material that may violate any laws specific to your country, to the United States (where the Science Buddies Ask an Expert forums are hosted), or to International Law. Doing so may result in your account being deactivated and you being immediately and permanently banned from the Science Buddies site, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that Science Buddies has the right to remove, edit, move, or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you enter as part of registration or through your use of the forums (e.g., posting questions and or replies) to being stored in a database. All posts in the Ask an Expert forums are public and visible to users browsing the forums. Science Buddies shall not be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Except for the images listed on our Image Credits page, all photos and images are Copyright © 2002-2019 Science Buddies. All rights reserved.