I am freaking out!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

ScreenName
Project Question: Does the size of a fire affect the way alum crystals retard it?
Project Due Date: March 9, 2010
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

I am freaking out!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Post by ScreenName »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
I am freaking out because my science fair project is due tomorrow and I all the sudden went blank on what EVERYTHING was!!!!!
Please reply telling me what everything that goes on the science board means. Like, what am I supposed to put on each section. For example, the purpose, the conclusion, the results, and am I supposed to put the project title as a question? The things that I listed are the only things that I forgot. Please reply on what these things are!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
mpphlipot
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: I am freaking out!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Post by mpphlipot »

Check out https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... oard.shtml

It has a complete description of what should go on your board.

Mike
ScreenName
Project Question: Does the size of a fire affect the way alum crystals retard it?

Post by ScreenName »

I know what should go on it, but I do not know what they mean! :( PLEASE help me!!!
mpphlipot
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by mpphlipot »

Take a look at this higher-level description of things that make up a complete science project:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ndex.shtml

Note that just about all of the descriptions of these things are guidelines. For example, there is no absolutely correct way to state the title of your project. Some people use very creative phrases. Some state their hypothesis. Others will pose a question. It's really up to you. One option might be: How does fire size impact the retardent qualities of alum crystals?

Same goes for results, conclusions, etc. For the results you need to figure out the best (and usually simplest) way to show your experimental results. You did some experiments, what happened? Show those results. What do those results tell you about the main question of your project? That's your conclusion.

Hope that helps.
Mike
ScreenName

Post by ScreenName »

Okay. Thanks. I got it now (I guess).

Return to “Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”