What is an appendice?

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

Emilia Webb

What is an appendice?

Post by Emilia Webb »

I'm almost done with my science fair, but I need to finish the report. I am clueless as to what an appendice is, can someone help me?

Thanks,
Emilia Webb
Louise
Former Expert

Re: What is an appendice?

Post by Louise »

Emilia Webb wrote:I'm almost done with my science fair, but I need to finish the report. I am clueless as to what an appendice is, can someone help me?

Thanks,
Emilia Webb
An appendix (appendices is plural) is a place where you can put additional information that might not go in the report. For example, if you use an equation in the main report, you may have the derivation of the equation in the appendix.

You should ask your teacher if there is something specific that is supposed to go there. Otherwise, think of it as a place to put additional information.

Louise
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

Often, people will put their raw data in an appendix, so that judges and so forth can see that the summaries of the data presented in the paper/on the board are accurate and were done correctly. You might also talk about things you tried that didn't work there.

Like Louise says, I would ask your teacher; as long as they say so there's nothing wrong with not having an appendix.

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”