Science Buddies on Air
In her appearance on The View from the Bay, Science Buddies Vice President, Courtney Corda, talks about the value of making science an everyday subject and topic of family discussion. Courtney encourages parents to approach science first and foremost by linking science and underlying scientific principles to an area of interest for their students and to engage students with hands-on activities and scientific projects.
Courtney reminds viewers that fostering a love of science is important. Supporting a love of reading or instilling and modeling healthy eating habits are vital concerns for parents, says Courtney. So, too, is science education.
Watch the video clip for practical tips on bringing science into the home and see Courtney, her son, and another mother-daughter team put cabbage to work as a pH indicator.
You Might Also Enjoy these Previous Entries:
- Search at Science Buddies to Find the STEM Resources You Need
- Science Buddies Teacher Dashboard
- New NGSS Lesson Plans
- Philadelphia Classrooms Benefit from Science Buddies Kit Club Program
- Google's Science Journal App Transforms a Cell Phone into a Powerful Tool for Science Class
- Kit Club Helps Level STEM Playing Field
- Lesson Plans Help Teachers Put Hands-on Science on the Calendar
- Giving Tuesday - Help us keep our materials free