Projects for Boy Scouts
The following Science Buddies Project Ideas tie in with requirements and activities related to Boy Scouts.
If necessary, the following Project Ideas can be easily modified to fit your needs.
General Boy Scouts (All Levels)
- Growing Crystals
- Making Your Own Paper
- Mixing Light to Make Colors
- Building a Weather Instrument (e.g. Barometer)
- Soil Erosion
- Also remember that many of our Cooking Project Ideas satisfy requirements for cooking activities, but you also learn science while eating them!
Cub Scouts (Belt Loops and Pins)
- Astronomy Academic Pin - North Star
- Math Academic Pin - Statistics
- Science Academic Pin - Soil Erosion
- Science Academic Pin - Simple Machines
- And more!
Boy Scouts (Merit Badges)
- Chemistry - Oil and Water Do Mix...When You Have an Emulsifier
- Environmental Science - Ecology (Greenhouse Effect)
- Environmental Science - Land Pollution (Soil Erosion) (also applies to Soil and Water Conservation Badge)
- Space Exploration - Model Rocket
- Nuclear Science - Electroscope
- Photography - Rule of Thirds
- And more!
If you can't find the activity you are looking for in the list above, use our search box in the upper right part of the page. For the best results, search using keywords that are stated in the requirement description. (For example: "growing crystals," "kite," "electric motor," "probability," etc.)
Explore Our Science Videos
Paper Roller Coasters - Fun STEM Activity!
Make a Water Strider - STEM Activity
How to Make a Bristlebot