Simplified NEON Data Download Tool
The National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) collects and makes public ecosystem data from sites around the United States. From this page, students can download simplified versions of selected data for use in classroom and science project explorations. To download data:
- Select a location by clicking on a marker on the map or by using the drop-down list below the map.
- Click the Download button.
- Wait for the file to be generated. This process may take up to 15 seconds.
- Once the file is ready, it will be automatically downloaded (or your browser will prompt you to open or save the file).
- The file can be opened in a spreadsheet program.
Explore Our Science Videos
Make a Slushy! Yummy STEM Project
Cotton Ball Launcher - Fun STEM Activity
How to Build an ArtBot