Easy (No Cook) Homemade Play Dough Recipe
Play dough can be used for many science, engineering, and math explorations including our Play-Doh Math project. Here is an easy recipe for making play dough at home.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup salt
- ¾ cup hot or boiling water
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil or baby oil
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- Food coloring (optional)
- Mix the flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a bowl.
- Add the oil, food coloring, and water.
- Fold the ingredients together with a spatula or mixing spoon to form a dough.
- At first, the dough may seem watery. Wait for a few minutes and it will firm up as the flour absorbs the moisture.
- In the unlikely case that the dough is still too loose after 15 minutes, mix in another ¼ cup of flour.
Explore Our Science Videos
Why Do Apples and Bananas Turn Brown? - STEM activity
DIY Glitter Surprise Package with a Simple Circuit
5 Easy Fizzing & Foaming Science Projects