Science Fair Supplies & Materials Approved Supplier
Ordering From Sigma-Aldrich
Sigma-Aldrich is a major chemical supplier offering the largest available selection of chemicals. We have ordered from Sigma-Aldrich in the past and found their sales representatives to be courteous, extremely knowledgeable, and very helpful in finding the most appropriate materials for a particular project. Here are some tips we would like to pass along to you:
- Sigma-Aldrich only sells to institutions, so here are some tips on placing orders:
- Check to see if your school has an institutional account with Sigma-Aldrich. You can do this by calling Sigma-Aldrich and giving them your school's name. They will let you know if an account already exists.
- If your school has an account, you can place an order with them and have the order shipped to your school. You will need to give them your teacher's name, and provide a credit card number to place the order.
- If your school does not have an account, you can easily create one by giving them your teacher's name, the school name, and the school mailing address. Please make sure to check with your teacher before giving out his or her name.
- The sales representatives are extremely knowledgeable, so use this knowledge to help you get the right materials and include the proper safety procedures. Here are some suggestions:
- When you call to place your order, be prepared with details about your project including the hypothesis, procedures, and materials list.
- Discuss these with the sales representative and explain how you are planning to use the chemicals in your project. They will be able to provide advice on alternatives or substitutions that you might not be aware of.
- They will also provide you with details on how to use the chemicals safely and any special protective equipment you might need. Make sure to revise your experimental procedures to reflect their safety guidelines for the particular chemicals you are using.
- Shipping restrictions:
- The shipping restrictions on chemicals differ from state to state, and the sales representatives will let you know whether or not there are any restrictions on the chemicals you are requesting given your location. If there are restrictions, representative might be able to offer substitutes or suggest an alternate procedure for the experiment, so make sure you explore possibilities with your representative.
Explore Our Science Videos
How to make an anemometer (wind speed meter)
Make a Hygrometer to Measure Humidity - STEM activity
DIY Toy Sailboat