Science Fair Project: Biomass and Biogas
If you're ready to tackle something related to energy, power, and the environment but want to push the envelope a bit farther than the cool (but maybe not quite cutting-edge-enough-for-you and just a bit ubiquitous) Veggie-Powered Batteries, pull on your rubber gloves, grab a nose-plug (totally optional), and check out the ins and outs of biomass and biogas.
From Trash to Gas: Biomass Energy (grades 6-8) has you roll up your sleeves, fill up some soda bodies, and monitor differences in biogas production. In other words... what waste will inflate the balloon fastest?
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Cornell Senior Cites Middle School Science Fair as Pivotal
- Student Forms Biotech Club to Create Opportunities for STEM Learning
- STEM is for Everyone: Richard Mankin, Entomologist
- STEM is for Everyone: Wanda Díaz-Merced, Astrophysicist
- Extra Credit with the Fluor Challenge
- Explore Coding and Electronics with Raspberry Pi
- 25 Women in Science to Learn More About
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
Explore Our Science Videos
How to Make Elephant Toothpaste
5 Science Experiments You Can Do With Peeps
Make A Tissue Paper Parachute - STEM Activity