Science Fair Project: Biomass and Biogas
If you're ready to tackle something related to energy, power, and the environment but want to push the envelope a bit farther than the cool (but maybe not quite cutting-edge-enough-for-you and just a bit ubiquitous) Veggie-Powered Batteries, pull on your rubber gloves, grab a nose-plug (totally optional), and check out the ins and outs of biomass and biogas.
From Trash to Gas: Biomass Energy (grades 6-8) has you roll up your sleeves, fill up some soda bodies, and monitor differences in biogas production. In other words... what waste will inflate the balloon fastest?
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Extra Credit with the Fluor Challenge
- Explore Coding and Electronics with Raspberry Pi
- 25 Women in Science to Learn More About
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
- 10 Reasons to Do the Fluor Challenge in Addition to $10,000 in Prizes!
- STEM is for Everyone: Ralph Braun, Engineer
- Learn More About these 19 Scientists for Black History Month
- Best of STEM Resources in 2019
Explore Our Science Videos
4 Easy Robot Science Projects for Kids
10 Robotics Projects Kids Can Really Make!
Toy Sailboat with Keel