Science Fair Project: Biomass and Biogas
If you're ready to tackle something related to energy, power, and the environment but want to push the envelope a bit farther than the cool (but maybe not quite cutting-edge-enough-for-you and just a bit ubiquitous) Veggie-Powered Batteries, pull on your rubber gloves, grab a nose-plug (totally optional), and check out the ins and outs of biomass and biogas.
From Trash to Gas: Biomass Energy (grades 6-8) has you roll up your sleeves, fill up some soda bodies, and monitor differences in biogas production. In other words... what waste will inflate the balloon fastest?
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Explore Crater Science to Celebrate Moon Landing Anniversary
- STEM is for Everyone: Temple Grandin, Animal Scientist with Autism
- 5 STEM Activities with Marshmallow Peeps
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
- Free Resources Support Teacher's Innovative STEM Academy
- 25 Women in Science to Learn More About
- 6 Steps to Success with the Fluor Engineering Challenge
- Take the Fluor Challenge for Engineers Week
Explore Our Science Videos
Walking Water Experiment
Why Won't it Mix? Discover the Brazil Nut Effect
Slow Motion Craters - STEM Activity