Science Fair Project: Biomass and Biogas
If you're ready to tackle something related to energy, power, and the environment but want to push the envelope a bit farther than the cool (but maybe not quite cutting-edge-enough-for-you and just a bit ubiquitous) Veggie-Powered Batteries, pull on your rubber gloves, grab a nose-plug (totally optional), and check out the ins and outs of biomass and biogas.
From Trash to Gas: Biomass Energy (grades 6-8) has you roll up your sleeves, fill up some soda bodies, and monitor differences in biogas production. In other words... what waste will inflate the balloon fastest?
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 10 Reasons to Do the Fluor Challenge in Addition to $10,000 in Prizes!
- Women's History Month: 50+ Women in Science and Engineering to Learn More About
- Learn More About these 28 Scientists for Black History Month
- STEM is for Everyone: Jane Goodall, Zoologist
- Coding Activities for Beginners and Beyond
- STEM is for Everyone: Annie Jump Cannon, Classifier of Stars
- 2020 Nobel Science Experiments for K-12 Students
- Halloween STEM Activities
Explore Our Science Videos
How to Build a Brushbot
Make Fake Snow - Craft Your Science Project
How to Make Elephant Toothpaste