Science Fair Project: Biomass and Biogas
If you're ready to tackle something related to energy, power, and the environment but want to push the envelope a bit farther than the cool (but maybe not quite cutting-edge-enough-for-you and just a bit ubiquitous) Veggie-Powered Batteries, pull on your rubber gloves, grab a nose-plug (totally optional), and check out the ins and outs of biomass and biogas.
From Trash to Gas: Biomass Energy (grades 6-8) has you roll up your sleeves, fill up some soda bodies, and monitor differences in biogas production. In other words... what waste will inflate the balloon fastest?
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Popsicle Stick STEM Projects
- Inspiring AAPI Scientists and Engineers - Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Arduino Science Projects and Physical Computing
- 5 STEM Activities with Marshmallow Peeps
- New Green Chemistry Science Projects—Sustainable Science for Students
- Student Science Project - Designing and Coding a Video Game to Help People with Alzheimer's
- March Madness Basketball Science Projects: Sports Science Experiments
- Women in STEM! More than 60 Scientists and Engineers for Women's History Month
Explore Our Science Videos
Crayon Rock Cycle
Leaf Chromatography: Explore the Colors of Fall
How to make an anemometer (wind speed meter)