sceince project title

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).
dballentine7

sceince project title

Post by dballentine7 »

I am having trouble coming up with a eye open title for my sceince fair project about will your bloodpressure raise when you play video games can you help
DENISE
wildfirefox
Former Expert

Post by wildfirefox »

How about:

"The side effect that games cause on gamers." This will make all the boys turn their heads.

"The health risk that gamers face."

"Love playing games, but die earlier." Hm, this might be excessive?

"Playing games with your heart."

Hope these spark something.
Those who can see that do not exist are geniuses. Those who can see what exists are brilliant. Those cannot see what exists are ignorant.
- Lao Tsu
raytrent
Former Expert

Post by raytrent »

I like those suggested titles too, but they kind of pre-suppose the result. What if playing video games lowers your blood pressure?

Actually, that would be an interesting extra thing to measure in your experiment. I, too, would tend to guess that your blood pressure goes up while you're actually playing, but what about an hour later? Is it possible that playing a game is relaxing in the longer term?

How about something like "Video Games: Is the pressure on?" :-).
../ray\..
raytrent
Former Expert

Post by raytrent »

As another follow on to my suggestion in the last comment, you should start thinking about what kind of "control" and/or "independent variable" you will have in this experiment. Perhaps you could measure blood pressure changes for a couple different activities, and no activity at all. Or...?

(oh, and if you decide you like my suggestion of measuring blood pressure an hour after gaming, make sure to take the blood pressure before gaming too... actually, make sure to do that anyway to get a "baseline" for each subject).
../ray\..

Return to “Math & Computer Science Sponsored by Hyperion Solutions Corp”