Electricity

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Pharaoh 1914
Project Question: My son's project is to determine what affects electricity has on the growth of plants. I am looking for a device that can supply electricity to the plants.
Project Due Date: December
Project Status: I am just starting

Electricity

Post by Pharaoh 1914 »

Can anyone suggest a device that may be used to supply electrical current to a plant?
deja
Former Expert
Project Question: completing my Ask an Expert volunteer requirements
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Electricity

Post by deja »

Hello Pharaoh 1914 and welcome to Science Buddies.

Conductors are great materials that allow electricity to flow. For exapmle, copper is known to be a great conductor. A copper wire might be a great way to connect the plant and the electric source together. With that said, here on Science Buddies, we have a whole electricity science project category at this website: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... deas.shtml
From this you might be able to modify your experiment or even get ideas for a new one. Some even have material kits that you can order! If you have any other questions feel free to reply and experts will continue to help you.

Deja
Pharaoh 1914
Project Question: My son's project is to determine what affects electricity has on the growth of plants. I am looking for a device that can supply electricity to the plants.
Project Due Date: December
Project Status: I am just starting

Post by Pharaoh 1914 »

deja wrote:Hello Pharaoh 1914 and welcome to Science Buddies.

Conductors are great materials that allow electricity to flow. For exapmle, copper is known to be a great conductor. A copper wire might be a great way to connect the plant and the electric source together. With that said, here on Science Buddies, we have a whole electricity science project category at this website: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... deas.shtml
From this you might be able to modify your experiment or even get ideas for a new one. Some even have material kits that you can order! If you have any other questions feel free to reply and experts will continue to help you.

Deja
Would the DC Hobby Motor work?
amssokomar
Project Question: solar water desalination
Project Due Date: jan 11
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Post by amssokomar »

all metals are good conductors copper conducts very well and siver conducts the best

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”