Memory Test

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

MadolynTownley

Memory Test

Post by MadolynTownley »

I was looking at a science project about memory and how many digits a person can remember and on the procedures link it states to write the number of digits on each card, but how many index cards to I present to subjects of each sequence of numbers?
emmanicole
Former Expert

Re: Memory Test

Post by emmanicole »

Hi Madolyn,

I think you are referring to this project: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... #procedure

You should have 9 different sets of cards with the number sequences on them. According to the procedure, you should test each person with every card in the set until they can no longer recall the sequences.

The number of cards in the set is not given in the procedure. You can choose your own number. You might want 3 cards per set, so: 3 cards with a 2-digit sequence, 3 cards with a 3-digit sequence, and so on, up to 3 cards with a 9-digit sequence. You can choose the size of the set yourself, but you might not want to make it too big, or people may not be able to remember any at all. I would not go higher than 5 cards per set.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any more questions. Good luck with your project, and have fun.

Emma

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”