Bubble-ology

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Rhona122

Bubble-ology

Post by Rhona122 »

This experiment is asking for glycerin and says it can be found at drugstores or a pharmacy. I’ve looked online and it looks like there’s different types of glycerin?

Which one can we use for my daughter’s Bubble-ology experiment?

-vegetable glycerin
-liquid glycerin laxative

Or is there such a thing as plain glycerin? Please help! I’m very particular when it comes to getting the right materials as this is my daughter’s second experiment. We want to be able to produce results!

The 1st experiment was to grow sugar crystals and so far that experiment has been very discouraging for her. (No results so far)

Need help! Please advise ASAP, thank you.
Alyssayager
Former Student Expert

Re: Bubble-ology

Post by Alyssayager »

Hello, and welcome to science buddies! For the Bubble-ology experiment I would recommend just using vegetable glycerin instead of a liquid glycerin laxative. The two are similar except in their usage, with a liquid glycerin laxative I don’t really know how it would effect the experiment. Thus, the vegetable glycerin should work just fine for what the experiment calls for.
Rhona122

Re: Bubble-ology

Post by Rhona122 »

Perfect! Thank you for your quick response!

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”