Urgent Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

student12397

Urgent Project

Post by student12397 »

I need help making a graph for kidney bean growth. The horizontal axis does not work in excel. The horizontal axis should automatically count by 5's, but it goes by ones. Also is planting soil have a better capacity to hold and retain water than sandy soil. Sandy soil absorbs water faster and not able to retain its water seeping away with bare roots quicker and is useful in arid fields for magenta flower
Attachments
graph.pdf
(22.89 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Table.pdf
(15.13 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
MS15
Former Expert
Project Question: To volunteer as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Urgent Project

Post by MS15 »

Hello!

If I understand correctly, you want to plot a graph representing kidney bean growth. I'm assuming that the X-axis is time and Y-axis is size in this case.
For plotting the graphs in excel, the default for X-axis intervals may be 1 but you can change that anytime. Here's a link telling you how to do that:
https://support.office.com/en-ie/articl ... d2c83a8450

Regarding the type of soil, your assumption is correct. Sandy soil being very porous has a lower capacity to retain water compared to potting soil. This can be useful for growing plants that do not require a lot of water and may even be damaged if there is too much water.

Hope I was able to answer your questions. Let me know if you need further help to proceed!
Also, I'm sorry but the two attachments with your post don't open for me so please make pdfs and upload again or just post screenshots if you need to.

Best wishes,
MS

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”