Physical Science

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

pro7
Project Question: What is the best and easiest topic for me to complete my first time science project on? It's due March 31, 2011.
Project Due Date: March 31, 2011
Project Status: I am just starting

Physical Science

Post by pro7 »

Can you help me with my first 4th grade science fair project please? I'm doing it on "The temperature of water decreasing when adding baking soda to it! Can you help me kick off this topic? I'm open for everything!
LewisWhaley
Former Expert
Occupation: Retired - Information Technology Software Development and Systems Support since 1969.
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Physical Science

Post by LewisWhaley »

Hello pro7.

You should be able to find all of the information that you will need to
answer your questions at the following Internet web site Addresses, URLs,
using the Keyword Search Arguments provided below:

Internet web site addresses, URLs:
http://www.google.com
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... search.php

Keyword Search Argument to use for Search on both web sites:
+temperature +baking +soda

Please let us know if this information helps you with your Project.

Good Luck! :D
Best Regards,

Lewis Whaley
Ask an Expert Forum
Science Buddies
cjb
Former Expert

Post by cjb »

Hi there!

Sounds like a cool experiment. Just wanted to let you know that once you've conducted your research we have guidelines right here on Science Buddies to help you kick off this great project. Here is the the link: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... l?From=Tab

Good luck!
rsprasad
Former Expert

Post by rsprasad »

Hello,

I would just like to add that maybe you can start off with a hypothesis which is your guess as to what baking soda will do to the water and why...Then you can actually start your experiment with a procedure where you add the baking soda to the water and recording your results (how much soda you added, how much water there was, original and final temperatures)...you should do multiple trials and then gather your results/data to form a conclusion...
That is the process in a nutshell but as others have mentioned, you can use the sciencebuddies website for even more information and help and how to go about your project...

Hope that helps and have fun!
Prasad

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”