science fair topic ideas

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

242456a03aa048a2a92fd67e75adb267

science fair topic ideas

Post by 242456a03aa048a2a92fd67e75adb267 »

hi, my friends,
my name is Natalie and I am having a hard time coming up with a science fair project. I am interested in medicine and want to do something that is advanced but not too advanced. I am in 7th grade and need a reply ASAP! :?
bye-bye,
Natalie
PharmaMan
Expert
Project Question: Registration as an Expert
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: science fair topic ideas

Post by PharmaMan »

Hi Natalie,

This depends heavily upon what your interests are! Have you searched through the project idea lists here? What are your primary research interests in medicine? Let us know and we can try to help you narrow down an idea.

-Pharma
catherineM99
Former Expert

Re: science fair topic ideas

Post by catherineM99 »

Hi Natalie,

In addition to the other expert’s advice, Science Buddies has a Topic Selection Wizard, which comes up with interesting science projects based on criteria you give (e.g. difficulty, length of project, area of science, cost, etc.). This might make it easier to find a relevant project in medicine for you! Furthermore, you can explore projects by topics on Science Buddies, and those related to medicine, include Human Biology and Health Projects, Medical Biotechnology Projects, and Genetics and Genomics Projects. Some interesting ones I’ve found are “From Genes to Genetic Diseases: What Kinds of Mutations Matter?”, and “How Much DNA Can You Pack into a Cell?”, which are both at the intermediate level. Other intriguing ones I found were “Blood Clotting to the Rescue: How to Stop Too Much Blood from Flowing” and “Why Aren't All Medicines Pills?”, which both make you think about medicine in your every day life. These are some others that sound really fun: “I Love Ice Cream, But It Doesn't Love Me: Understanding Lactose Intolerance” and “Crime Scene Chemistry: The Kastle-Meyer Test for Blood”. When choosing a project, it’s important to ask yourself how much time you have, how much you’re willing to spend on materials, and how interested you are on learning more about the specific topic.

Good luck and hope this helps!
~Catherine M.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”