Human Consent Form

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

cutemona

Human Consent Form

Post by cutemona »

I searched all over the internet and couldn't find this answer to the question. Do I need a human consent form if I'm doing the science fair project, Finger Prints Inherited? If so, where could I find a form that's from the Scientific Review Committee (SRC) and updated?
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Human Consent Form

Post by AmyCowen »

This is noted on the Summary tab for the project:

"Consent forms must be signed for each person participating in this experiment. You should inform people that although fingerprints can be used as forms of identification, you will assign their fingerprints a code and not use their name so that the fingerprints remain anonymous. For children under the age of 18, parents must grant consent. In addition, the fair's Scientific Review Committee (SRC) must approve the experimental design (including consent forms)."

You need to check the site for the fair you are doing to find the SRC form.

Some information on SRC process for ISEF can be found here: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... mittee-src

But, again, you need to visit the site for your fair. If it is a school fair, talk with the fair coordinator or a teacher.

Amy
Science Buddies
cutemona

Re: Human Consent Form

Post by cutemona »

So if you don't have a human consent form, would you still be able to do the science fair?

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”