Finger Prints Inherited

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

cutemona

Finger Prints Inherited

Post by cutemona »

Hi!
I'm doing the Fingerprints Inherited science fair project and made it into my own. I took 4 pairs of families and took everyone's fingerprints and tested to see whether or not family members had similar fingerprints and to see if the father would be more dominant in the similar fingerprints. Can you think of a way for me to make some sort of a graph for this project?
MrsDez
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Finger Prints Inherited

Post by MrsDez »

Hi,

Fingerprints are unique to each individual, but there might be some characteristics that are inherited as explained in this Scientific American article. You can start by deciding if you can identify specific characteristics of fingerprints that you are observing in your research group to test your hypothesis.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... rints-sim/
cutemona

Judging Science Fair Project

Post by cutemona »

Hi!
For my science fair project I'm doing fingerprints inherited. What would be some questions the judges would ask me about the science fair project? Also what do the judges like to see when you present. Lastly, if you aren't so good at social skills, what is the best way to present and talk to the judges? (Just wanna ask lots of question cause last year i got really nervous even though I practiced a lot and I practically face planted the whole thing)

Thanks

Moderator note: I merged this post with your previous posts. Please keep your posts together so the expert who has been helping you will see that you have a follow-up question. Thank you!

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”