Confusion with Applications

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

SSK6

Confusion with Applications

Post by SSK6 »

Is applications/research used for why something happens? (ex: this happens because ___ does ___)
Because when I am writing for my conclusion on why it happened, can I write down some of the stuff I written down on application?
(For ex: (applications): The reason why coke dissolved bone A faster than gatorade dissolving bone B was because it had stronger acid than Bone B)
and for (conclusion):Coke dissolved bone A faster than gatorade can dissolve bone B because Coke contains stronger acid inside it.

I am kind of confused with it.
LeungWilley
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Confusion with Applications

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi SSK6,
I am not familiar with the term "applications" in this context. Can you explain where you are seeing this term please?

Typically, the research section details the background / basis for your experiment. In your example, this section should explain the chemical reaction between the acid and bone (organic compound, etc...) as well as how the strength of the acid impacts this reaction.

For the conclusion section, you will use these background information to help support your analysis / conclusion.
Please take a look at this: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... onclusions

Good Luck and please post again if you have any other questions.
Willey
cumulonimbus
Former Expert

Re: Confusion with Applications

Post by cumulonimbus »

Hi SSK6,

I believe "applications" means how the topic of your experiment can be used in the real world. For example, how is pH important in the soda industry? How are acids used in manufacturing different products? What potential impacts does drinking acidic substances have upon the body? In other words, why is the experiment important in a wider context?

I hope this helps!

Elena

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”