Electrolyte Challenge

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

student123_

Electrolyte Challenge

Post by student123_ »

Hello,
My name is Claire and I have selected the Electrolyte Challenge as my science project. After multiple attempts, I have failed to get a correct reading. Although I have figured out that I blew a fuse, I borrowed the supplies from a teacher and have already returned them. Because I have already chosen the experiment and must have results by tomorrow (Sunday) I have searched the internet for hours on end trying to find someone who completed the experiment, so that's why I am asking if anyone is willing to share their results (in milliamps). Thank you!
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Electrolyte Challenge

Post by AmyCowen »

Hi Claire - I am sorry to hear that you had a problem with your multimeter while working on your project. We are not able to share results at Science Buddies (or have results shared with you by others). It is important that you do your own experiment and gather your own data. I would suggest talking with your teacher to explain what happened and ask for an extension so that you can complete your project.

Using someone else's data would not be appropriate.

If you borrow another multimeter, make sure that you check the settings needed for the experiment carefully. You use different settings based on the liquid being tested.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”