Hypothesis for How Fast is Your Computer?

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

107838sg
Project Question: I am doing the How Fast is Your Computer? science project for school and I am trying to come up with a hypothesis for it, but I have no idea where to start or what to say. Thank you for your help!
Project Due Date: 10/31/2014
Project Status: I am just starting

Hypothesis for How Fast is Your Computer?

Post by 107838sg »

I am doing the How Fast is Your Computer? science project for school and I am trying to come up with a hypothesis for it, but I have no idea where to start or what to say. Thank you for your help! I need it by 10/31/14.
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Hypothesis for How Fast is Your Computer?

Post by tdaly »

Hi 107838sg,

Welcome to the Ask an Expert forums! A hypothesis is an educated guess about what you think the outcome of your experiment will be. Here is a link to a really great article about what a hypothesis is, how to develop a hypothesis, and some tips on how to write a hypothesis.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... esis.shtml

Read through the article and make a draft hypothesis--don't worry about whether your hypothesis is "good enough" at this point. Just give it a try. Post back with your draft hypothesis, and we will help you improve it!
All the best,
Terik

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”