architect

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

mq227
Project Question: I need to build a moon powered battery. You leave the battery out in the moonlight and it charges. Do you think this is a good idea? Has this already been invented?
Project Due Date: November 1st.
Project Status: I am just starting

architect

Post by mq227 »

I am doing a project in school where you have to ask an expert in the field of architechture about a useful tool in architechture. My idea for a useful tool would be if the architecht could take his plans that he drew out on paper and then feed that into a special computer that would display it like a 3d hologram. Do you think this is a good idea or should I change this? Thankyou for your help.
hhemken
Former Expert

Re: architect

Post by hhemken »

These days most architects feed their plans into 3D rendering programs, of which there are more than a few. While they don't produce holograms, they do produce photorealistic still images and videos. Search for terms like these:

Code: Select all

3d rendering architecture
and you will find them. http://www.cgsociety.org/ has many such images produced by 3D artists of various inclinations. You will also find links to some of the software products they use.

Holograms of the sort you are probably imagining aren't really possible yet. Here's a technology that looks like a hologram but really isn't: http://singularityhub.com/2010/10/20/th ... ram-video/.

This doesn't sound like a science project or an engineering project, though.
Heinz Hemken
Mentor
Science Buddies Expert Forum
mq227
Project Question: I need to build a moon powered battery. You leave the battery out in the moonlight and it charges. Do you think this is a good idea? Has this already been invented?
Project Due Date: November 1st.
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: architect

Post by mq227 »

Thankyou for the information

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”