HELP URGENT PROJECT. ELECTROPORESIS DNA

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

0bcbbe5171be4835a838a44f6b82f5d2

HELP URGENT PROJECT. ELECTROPORESIS DNA

Post by 0bcbbe5171be4835a838a44f6b82f5d2 »

For starters, here is my project : https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... om=YouTube

I have a huge problem, my gel (buffer solution + agar agar powder(I dont have agarose powder , I have the unfiltered version that is agar agar and I checked and it worked with agar agar)) isn't solidifying. My project is for Thursday and I need help

Thank You !
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: HELP URGENT PROJECT. ELECTROPORESIS DNA

Post by SciB »

What buffer are you using? Are you sure the buffer concentration is correct? For example, if what you have is a 10X concentrated buffer solution, you must dilute it 1:10 to get the correct final volume of 1X.

How did you melt the agar? What amount of agar did you put into what volume of buffer solution?

The agar has to harden if the concentrations are all correct.

Be sure to pre-run your gel 20 minutes at 20-30 milliamps to leach out impurities from the agar.

Please let us know if this works.

Sybee
jiyaRathi

Re: HELP URGENT PROJECT. ELECTROPORESIS DNA

Post by jiyaRathi »

hi
i started project, but after connecting the batteries and start of current, all colours mixed up, and my gel became liquidified, I M confused

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”