Microbiology ( isolating bacteria )

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

lifewonderer

Microbiology ( isolating bacteria )

Post by lifewonderer »

Hey there! I'm currently working on a project in microbiology and I need to know more about how to isolate staphylococcus, streptococcus. It's a project where I'll have to tell how these bacteria get isolated, treated, what they mostly attack on and what kills them.
Also I'd like to know what is the best way to treat the helicobacter pylori? What kills it the fastest ?
If anyone could help me, I'd be very grateful.
Thank you,
have a nice day/evening.
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Microbiology ( isolating bacteria )

Post by SciB »

Hi,

You posted a lot of general questions. How do these relate to your science project? What is your hypothesis. What experiments are you planning?

The purpose of Scibuddies is to help with planning, designing and executing experiments to test a hypothesis as part of a school science project. It is the responsibility of the student, as of any scientist, to do the background reading and analysis necessary to understand the science behind the project.

If you get stuck on some unfamiliar term or concept we can explain it, but it is more profitable for you to do the reading and study yourself. We can suggest some good microbiology websites if you need them.

Sybee
StanleyWilliams

Re: Microbiology ( isolating bacteria )

Post by StanleyWilliams »

With so few of cases and so many people that go to the beaches, there has to be more to be considered here. Bacteria that spreads so fast and does so much damage is more than frightening.
In my 70's, I find it near impossible to get through a day without getting a scratch or torn skin from some simple bump against something outside or inside. On one baby aspirin a day, I bleed a lot with these very minor cuts or tears and often do not know it until the blood drips on something and I see it.
Am I supposed to stop going outside and tinkering with fear of this? No way. I just have to pray to continue to dodge that bullet.
essay typer, Stanley T. Williams.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”