UV rays and yeast cells

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

FabioCabrera100

UV rays and yeast cells

Post by FabioCabrera100 »

Hello.
I'm doing an independent research project on the effects of UV radiation on DNA damage, similar to the one posted in this page. I saw you gave exposition times for the cells to be irradiated by the sun. I was just wondering, what are those times based on? Do you have any source for them? Are they calculated somehow?
Thanks
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: UV rays and yeast cells

Post by MadelineB »

Hello and my apologies for the delay in responding to your question.

It would help the experts here if you could provide a link to the post you are referring to. You might also search the Science Buddies project ideas database for projects looking at DNA damage from irradiation. Each project will have a background section, which will list several references to scientific reports. Those reports should help you answer your question.

If you need more help, please be sure to post again. But please tell us more details about the science project which you are planning, including your hypotheses and the experiments you intend to conduct to test those hypotheses.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”