No pain lots of game project question

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Error_404

No pain lots of game project question

Post by Error_404 »

Hello I'm doing "No pain, lots of game" (https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... management) for my science fair project but I'm having trouble with one thing, what should the temperature of the ice water be around?

Thank you.
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: No pain lots of game project question

Post by MadelineB »

Hi Error_404,
Welcome to Science Buddies!
Thank you for providing the link to the project! That is helpful.
My understanding of the procedures is that you set the temperature by watching the reading on the thermoeter stabilize.

You record that in your log book for the first subject.

You then need to monitor the water temperature and add more ice cubes when the temperature rises a degree or more from that starting temperature. Looks like you need to have a good supply of ice cubes!

Looking at the sample log book, I see that you should record the temperature for each experimental condition for each subject. Having the actual temperature as well as the times each subject could tolerate the cold for each condition means that you will know if the slightly warmer temperature allowed a subject to keep his/her foot in slightly longer. However, that association will be easier to see if you can test more subjects!

This all sounds like fun! Let us know what you find! You might want to take photos of the cold feet and show those on your display board!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”