PLEASE HELP!!! can blind people hear better than others?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

hanjan
Project Question: Can blind people hear better than people with full sight?
Project Due Date: 16th of August 2012
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

PLEASE HELP!!! can blind people hear better than others?

Post by hanjan »

I am conducting an experiment about wether blind people can hear better than people with full sight. I have run the experiment and the answer is yes they can. My problem is that i don't know what the idependent, dependent and controlled variables would be???? Please help, thankyuo so much.
donnahardy2
Former Expert

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! can blind people hear better than others?

Post by donnahardy2 »

Hi Hanjan,

This sounds like a really great project!

Here is information from the Science Buddies website on variables for your science project:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... bles.shtml

Your independent variable is the level of vision in your test subject. The dependent variable is the hearing measurement that you have made for each test subject. Do you have results that you can graph?

Do you have results of vision tests for each subject? Do you have of method for measuring hearing?

Be sure and read the information from the Science Buddies website on doing projects that involve working with human subjects. It’s very important to follow all of the rules so your project will not be disqualified during judging.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ects.shtml

Donna Hardy

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”