Cost Estimation Algorithm

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Bioperson
Project Question: My topic and goal is the regulation of mitochondrial quality by inhibiting proton and electron leakage in mitochondria prior to being reduced to a less radical form thus causing oxidative stress. Overall, the aim to reduce superoxide generation thus preventing the development of age-related diseases, cardiac diseases, neurological diseases and etc..
Project Due Date: The due date for this project is the end of March 2014.
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Cost Estimation Algorithm

Post by Bioperson »

Hi, I am currently aiming to estimate the cost of creating a type of nanoparticle used in medical imaging and compare it to the cost of another medical imaging method. What type of models can I use for these kind of lab process cost estimations?

thanks. :)
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Cost Estimation Algorithm

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello. We moved your post from the math and computer science forum to the physical science forum. I'm hoping someone knowledgeable in the medical field will be able to help you with your question.

Good luck, and thanks for using Science Buddies!
Deana
raytrent
Former Expert

Post by raytrent »

It's very difficult to answer a general question like this. Can you provide more information about what the nanoparticles are, what your assumptions are regarding things like purity, etc., and what the alternative mechanism is?
../ray\..
Bioperson
Project Question: My topic and goal is the regulation of mitochondrial quality by inhibiting proton and electron leakage in mitochondria prior to being reduced to a less radical form thus causing oxidative stress. Overall, the aim to reduce superoxide generation thus preventing the development of age-related diseases, cardiac diseases, neurological diseases and etc..
Project Due Date: The due date for this project is the end of March 2014.
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Post by Bioperson »

Hi,

I've designed a nano particle that is sensitive to reactive oxygen species generated within the body. This nanoparticle is a lipid-polymer hybrid and I have all the materials and procedures needed to synthesize this nano particle. To prove the potential of this design in improving the efficiency of medical procedures- for example, MRI Imaging, I want to compare the process of detecting a neurodegenerative disease using this nanoparticle design and the regular process of detecting the same disease without the nanoparticle design. I'm wondering if there is an algorithm or a model that can be used to prove the potential of my design in reducing cost.
raytrent
Former Expert

Post by raytrent »

I'm guessing from the lack of answers that no one here has any idea about how to do this. There are a number of mechanisms used in business to estimate the production cost of a process, but it's not really a scientific question so we're not really the kind of experts you would need for that aspect of your project.
../ray\..

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”