Rose = Hair?

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

evelynatran

Rose = Hair?

Post by evelynatran »

hi! i am thinking of doing a science project that involves testing how good shampoos are to protect your hair against heat. i watched this shampoo commercial from 2 years ago and they blow dried a *rose* dipped in the different shampoos, to show which one will wilt and which will not.

my teacher is now asking me how a rose would be a repsentative or symbol of human hair. i’m really not sure why, i just knew because of the commercial i saw. could it be that, if the shampoo could protect a rose, it most definitely could protect human hair? :D

thanks!
norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Rose = Hair?

Post by norman40 »

Hi eveylnatran,

I'm not aware of how a rose might represent or symbolize human hair.

But you have an interesting research question (If a shampoo can protect a rose will it protect hair?). To work on this question you'd need to define and measure the damage the shampoo is supposed to prevent. And design an appropriate experiment to test roses and hair for damages with and without shampoo.

By the way, there is a Science Buddies project about shampoo that may be of interest:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... t-performs

The aim of this project is to make your own shampoos and test several performance characteristics.

I hope this helps. Please ask again if you have more questions.

A. Norman
evelynatran

Project Title

Post by evelynatran »

Hi, we are doing a project about which shampoo brand is the most heat protectant. Do you have any ideas for a cool and catchy title? Thanks!

Moderator note: I've merged this post with your previous post on testing shampoos. Keeping your posts together on the same topic makes it easier for the expert who has been helping you notice that you have posted a follow-up question. Thanks!
norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Rose = Hair?

Post by norman40 »

Hi eveylnatran,

One idea is to use your original question as a title:

If shampoo can protect a rose can it protect hair?

A couple of other ideas:

Taking the heat: Which shampoo best protects hair from heat?

Hot stuff! Can shampoo protect hair from heat damage?

I hope this helps. Please ask again if you have more questions.

A. Norman

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”