Culturing Bacteria

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
monanejad

Culturing Bacteria

Post by monanejad »

I am doing an experiment testing the bacteria content in water. How can I culture the bacteria in my water samples?
thanks for your help
:D
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

The science fair project described here: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... ?from=Home tells you how to culture bacteria. Instead of swiping a cutting board with the q-tips, you would put them in the water you want to test and then swipe them on the agar plates.

Be careful, though: it can be very dangerous to culture bacteria, because harmful bacteria can grow on your plates. Additionally, sometimes you need extra forms to present your project at the science fair. I suggest talking to your teacher about this project before proceeding--if possible, you should try to culture the bacteria at school rather than at home.

Post by alter »

Well I have been assigned a project to determine the medicinal effect on the women who are deficient of iron. Now I would like to know whether it is essential for all the women participating in the test to have the same diet? Or is the diet not that important in this. Basically I would also like to know about the age criteria of the women who are going to participate in the test.

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”