Help me understand Genetics more...

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
cutie_gabby

Help me understand Genetics more...

Post by cutie_gabby »

i don't get genectics..i failed the test..:( so if u have any advice or information that will help me learn more about genetics than please respond!
gabby lee
please respond as soon as possible
thank you very much
Louise
Former Expert

Re: Help me understand Genetics more...

Post by Louise »

cutie_gabby wrote:i don't get genectics..i failed the test..:( so if u have any advice or information that will help me learn more about genetics than please respond!
This forum is designed to help people with science fair projects, not provide tutoring. If tutoring or after school help is provided at your school, I would recomend taking advantage of that. Talk to your teacher! I have no doubt he or she can point you to better resources than we can since he/she knows what material you aren't understanding. Your teacher wants you to learn this material and will provide help.

Genetics is also very wide topic- so without more information about what aspect or level you are studying we cannot be much help.

Have you tried searching the internet-

I found-
http://biology.about.com/od/basicgeneti ... 71705a.htm

which looked useful, but maybe too basic for you?

Louise
nicu

Post by nicu »

Ask a few friends about some learning material, go to the library ...
hhemken
Former Expert

Post by hhemken »

The best book by far to get up to speed quickly is:

The Cartoon Guide to Genetics (Updated Edition) (Paperback)
by Larry Gonick , Mark Wheelis
# Paperback
# Publisher: Collins; Updated edition (August 14, 1991)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0062730991
# ISBN-13: 978-0062730992

You will find this book everywhere from the hands of a high school student to the cubicle of a PhD. It is excellent, and often available at used bookstores.
Heinz Hemken
Mentor
Science Buddies Expert Forum

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”